HR Business Partner
- Growing Travel Retail business
- Exciting and busy role with loads of variety
- Fantastic opportunity for career and personal growth
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is an international travel retail company that operates a number of exciting brands around the Pacific region of Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia. Our stores are located in dynamic environments including airports and commuter hubs and we are a fast paced organisation meeting the needs of people on the move.
Our culture is what defines us and makes Lagardère Travel Retail special. It's what has made us leaders in our field and what will allow us to continue to grow and succeed.
Working collaboratively with our Trans-Tasman Team and reporting into the AU based Human Resources Manager, your prime focus will be to support our NZ business on HR related and other ad-hoc matters. This would be a perfect opportunity for someone who has a minimum of two years’ HR Generalist experience; ready to take the next step-up in their career!
The HR Business Partner is accountable for providing internal consultancy services in all aspects of HR practices to managers and staff as required.
In this demanding role, where no two days are the same, you will be expected to:
- Build, develop and foster good industrial and employee relations
- Ensure HR processes are understood and that managers are adequately trained
- Advise managers on people related issues and strategies
- Provide guidance on talent development, succession planning initiatives and retention strategies to support framework of business success
- Advise managers on disciplinary policy and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance with company standards and legislation
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies, legislation and regulations
- Handle general HR Administration such as: Payroll queries, Probationary Reviews, Salary/Wage Administration, up-dating Employee files, processing Variation, disciplinary letters etc.
- Participate in functional meetings as the HR representative, including advising on people issues, motivation, cultural change & position or role design
- Observe and implement as appropriate all Company policies including EEO and OH&S
- Spend one day a week visiting all our Auckland Airport located stores
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- An HR or related qualification with experience in a similar role across a wide range of HR disciplines
- Ability to build relationships with managers and employees based on trust and transparency
- Sound knowledge of New Zealand employment legislation and awareness of compliance
- Ability to work autonomously and without supervision is key to this role
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
Our successful travel retail business keeps us busy and on our toes so you will need to have a hands-on approach to each task no matter how small while supporting others in the HR Team when possible.
This role requires an energetic, confident and resilient individual with a versatile nature who works quickly and efficiently to achieve results across our retail network. Our business offers exciting opportunities to make your mark and contribute to the overall direction of the Company.
Experience new horizons, every day.